PREPARE FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
01. Hunting boots, already broken in NOT NEW
02. Fanny pack or backpack to carry cameras, daily items you will use out in the field.
03. Comfortable camp or tennis shoes.
04. Socks – 4 pair.
05. Underwear – 4 pair.
06. Hunting shorts – 2 pair – Camo is okay, as are dull colors such as khaki or olive.
07. Medium weight hunting jacket.
08. Long sleeve hunting shirts – 2 each.
09. Short sleeve hunting shirts – 2 each.
10. Rain jacket.
11. Hunting hat – I prefer baseball style but, whatever is comfortable.
13. Traveling clothes – 1 pair.
14. Leather gloves – 1 pair – Take at least 1 pair of working gloves.
15. A good pair of sunglasses.
16. Personal toiletries / shaving kit.
17. Tweezers – lots of thorns in Africa!
18. Insect repellent – bugs are not a problem, but a small can is good insurance.
19. Lip balm – very important!
20. Visine eye drops.
21. Sun block.
22. Sinus medication.
23. Dramamine – This is suggested if you are prone to car or air sickness.
25. Small flashlight.
26. Small talcum powder.
27. Malaria tablets - please visit your local Doctor for the best advice.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS & FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Current Passport.
2. Tickets & reservations – Read reservation instructions such as early confirmation times
check-in and departure times CAREFULLY!
3. Cash or credit card for trophy fees/safari cost.
1. Rifle, SUGGEST 30-06 CALIBER OR HIGHER.
*NOTE: Please check with airlines on requirements for traveling with firearms!
2. Ammunition at least 40 rounds per rifle.
3. Binoculars, at least 8X or 10X – not the tiny compact models.
4. Ear plugs – for sighting in your gun.
5. Gun cleaner – 1 can.
6. Hard gun case that will lock, with your name and address on it.
7. Soft case - for travelling between concessions - legal requirement
8. Please note that no Automatic or Semi-Automatic rifle may be imported to South Africa.
9. Please note no 2 rifles of the same caliber per client may be imported to South Africa.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS I RECOMMEND
1. Good camera
2. Extra battery for camera
3. Video camera with charger
4. Good supply of reading material.
5. Pocket knife.